Friday, December 15, 2017

10 Day Lolita Challenge Day 3


♥ 3 Lolita pictures that inspire you

For today’s challenge I will talk about three pictures that in some way have inspired or still inspire me in Lolita. I had a bit of trouble with this one, since I have saved thousands of Lolita-related pictures onto my computer, but I ended up with these.


First we have these pictures of Lolita model Midori. Now I know I am cheating a bit, since these are two pictures and not one, but for some reason they are always connected in my mind. Midori is such a lovely model. Not only does she look really cute, she’s also really sweet in real life. She’s the epitome of Lolita to me and these two pictures of her are my favourites. On the left she’s wearing Unico in Bloomland, on the right Merry Sweet Castle. I think I like the left picture even more now that I think about it. When I met Midori at my first Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Tea Party in Paris, I had brought it printed along with me for her to sign. She was happily surprised I had brought a picture on my own accord for her! Also, the carousel might be the inspiration for the opening of all my YouTube videos!


This Angelic Pretty advertisement is always been one of my favourites. It features model Ryoko Kobayashi in adorable pink wigs sporting my first Dream Dress: Star Night Theatre. And look at her bare arms! I thought this dress was just the most beautiful I had ever seen and as I mentioned in Challenge Day 1, it was my first Angelic Pretty dress.
I love Angelic Pretty magazine advertisements. You see them less and less these days, but I have a whole folder of old ones on my computer. The work put into the background and styling is just so wonderful, they’re like pieces of art! ♥


I can’t really explain why, but I really like this picture. This is a backstage picture of the models for the 2016 Baby, the Stars Shine Bright fashion show. I reblogged this picture on Facebook with #squadgoals and let’s face it: this group is total squad goals! I think sharing Lolita fashion with friends is so much fun. Looking pretty yourself while looking at other pretty people. ♥

Are there any pictures that mean a lot to you? The reasons why can be endless!

Thank you for reading! ~☆~

No comments:

Post a Comment